Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wedding pics

Last weekend my Mum married Dave, her partner of six years, in a small ceremony with close friends and family. It was a cold day, but a beautiful wedding with the reception held on site. My Mum looked so beautiful in her fuchsia dress and pale pink feather bolero, and Dave looked great in his classic suit and monochromatic neck tie. At the reception we stood by the fire with champagne and delicious hors d'oeuvres.

I wore a navy velvet halter neck dress with a big slit up the back which let a lot of cold air in, but also only cost me $15 from Salvos, so no complaints there. I went for an art deco look by teaming it with a beige woolen coat (vintage, $12), peep-toe wedges (from Target about four years ago) and a black velvet turband (I hate that name) from Sportsgirl. I also added a vintage marquisette brooch to the turband, a black glo-mesh handbag and kept my jewelery simple.

Pete looking dapper and I, trying to keep warm.

The happy couple.

With my Mum and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment